1. To advance public health by promoting the professional interests of pharmacists practicing in hospitals and other organized health care settings in the state of Rhode Island through:
- Fostering pharmaceutical services aimed at drug use control and rational drug therapy
- Developing professional standards for pharmaceutical services
- Fostering an adequate supply of well-trained, competent pharmacists and associated personnel
- Developing and conducting programs for maintaining and improving the competence of pharmacists and associated personnel
- Disseminating information about pharmaceutical services and rational drug use
- Improving communication among pharmacists, other members of the health care industry, and the public
- Promoting research in the health and pharmaceutical sciences and in pharmaceutical services
- Promoting the economic welfare of pharmacists and associated personnel.
2. To foster rational drug use in society such as through advocating appropriate public policies toward that end.
3. To pursue any other lawful activity that may be authorized by RISHP's Board of Directors.