Knowledge-Based CPE Session for
3.0 Contact Hours (0.3 CEUs)
Saturday June 4, 2016
Kent Hospital Doctors' Auditorium
455 Toll Gate Road, Warwick, RI 02886
Topic 1: Commonly Used Prescription Medications and Their Relationship to Addiction
Topic 2: Sterile Compounding Review
Topic 3: Diabetes Update
Missy Previte & Michael Barbone
University of Rhode Island
College of Pharmacy
8:00 AM Registration and light breakfast/coffee
8:30-9:30 AM First Presentation
9:30-9:40 AM Break
9:40-10:40 AM Second Presentation
10:40-10:50 AM Break
10:50-11:50 AM Third Presentation
Please register on-line only. Please do not mail in registrations. Fees are payable at sign-in or online via Paypal Online: www.rishp.org. Refund requests must be made by written request and are at the discretion of the RISHP Board of Directors.
Upon completion of this learning activity, pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- Review commonly abused prescription medications.
- Identify the impact of substance abuse and addiction.
- Describe the changes in brain circuitry that occur following prolonged drug use.
- Describe aseptic technique for compounding sterile products.
- Review various mathematical calculation methods used when compounding sterile products.
- Explain the pathophysiology of diabetes type 1 and 2.
- List most common pharmacologic agents used to treat diabetes.
- List new agents approved for use in the past 5 years.