Knowledge-Based CPE Session for
3.0 Contact Hours (0.3 CEUs)
Saturday June 6, 2015
Kent Hospital Doctors Auditorium
455 Tollgate Road, Warwick, RI 02886
Topic 1: Medication Administration: Inhalers, Ophthalmic, Otic and Nasal
Topic 2: Compounding Legislation Update
Topic 3: Pharmacy Technician Math Review
Jane Mueller & Allison Stefanski
PharmD Candidates 2016
University of Rhode Island
College of Pharmacy
8:00 AM Registration and light breakfast/coffee
8:30-9:30 AM First Presentation
9:30-9:40 AM Break
9:40-10:40 AM Second Presentation
10:40-10:50 AM Break
10:50-11:50 AM Third Presentation
Please register on-line only. Please do not mail in registrations. Fees are payable at sign-in or online via Paypal Online: www.rishp.org. Refund requests must be made by written request and are at the discretion of the RISHP Board of Directors.
Upon completion of this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the main types of medication inhalers and differences between each.
- Explain how to administer each of the inhaler types.
- Explain proper administration technique for nasal, ophthalmic, and otic preparations.
- Identify at least one lesson learned from the New England Compounding Center tragedy of 2012.
- Identify at least two elements of the Drug Quality and Safety Act that will help to insure high quality sterile compounded products.
- Explain common mathematical conversions.
- Explain rations, proportions, percentages, and dilutions and use them appropriately in regards to medication dosing.